Monday, May 10, 2010

Introducing: William Alexander Michaelis

The night before we went into the hospital to have our little boy, we played some card games with my sister and Daren and Alison.


I was so happy that my sister could come and be with us for the first week. It was a great comfort, not only for me, but especially for Jacob.


My appointment was set for 11am; I needed to be there at 10:30 (Apr. 29). I woke up the next morning at 6am. I was ready at 8 am. At 8:15am we received a call from the hospital asking us if we wanted to come in earlier, and of course I said yes! Well, we actually ended up only being a half hour early. We got to the hospital at 10am, and in about 6 minutes I was dressed, and they were ready to break my water. It all went rather quickly!




This is where Jacob and Amanda camped out during the day. Jacob went though paperwork while Amanda watched shows on Hulu and also tried to find us a baby name.


Jake had way too much fun with the bright lights! The nurse said it was like a Nintendo and that got Jacob’s attention.


We will skip all the ugly pictures while I was having lovely painful contractions.

Life was great after I got the epidural! They got chocolate milk, while I got ice chips. Thanks! :)


After 2 hours of pushing, a beautiful baby boy was introduced to the world at 8:51 pm, April 29.


Jake cut the umbilical cord! I was so proud of him. The nurse gave him a challenge earlier that real men cut the cord in one try, Jacob needed two but I’m still proud.


Baby boy Michaelis: Weight 8 lbs. 5 oz., Length 20 ¼”, Head 13 ¾”, Chest 13”


Jacob holding William (not yet named at this time) for the first time. It was so cute to see Jacob get emotional holding him.


Then it was my turn to hold him!


My great doctor, Dr. Meredith.




We were then moved into the recovery area. People told us that the stake and shrimp dinner that they brought to us after delivery was really good. Well...I now know that they were lying, at least ours wasn’t very good.


What a happy daddy!


Jacob taught Alaric to press the pedals and the water would turn on. He had a lot of fun with that for two days!


My sister holding baby William.


Getting ready to leave the hospital. My friend Chelsey hooked us up with all the feel stuff we could carry from the hospital, it was amazing! Wow…I really look 6 months pregnant!


Here’s our little smurf all bundled up and ready to go.


All ready to go home! Now the real fun begins!!!

No comments: