Jake and I were FHE brother and sister up here at BYUI. This was our first picture taken together.
Two weeks before the end of the semester I finally decided to ask him out.
He said “YES-EH”. I was so happy!
Well, soon after our first date I went home for the summer. So Jake and I dated over the phone for over a month. My parents had quiet the phone bill that summer (they know it was all worth it now).
Once I was back in the USA, Jake and I did a lot of things together to get to know each other more. Such as going on a hike with Jakes best friend Mike and his wife Summer.

After three months of dating, Jake and I got engaged! It was a wonderful thing that Jacob had a brother-in-law Stephen who did photography. He did a spectacular job! (By the way these were taken at a dog park - Jake)
We both enjoyed being silly!
After being engaged for three months, we had a reception in Nova Scotia a week before our wedding. My mom did all the decorations (she worked so hard for it to be perfect). The gymnasium was filled, and I felt so loved by everyone.
Mom even made our wedding cake! It was so beautiful and tasted even better, I was sad to leave it in Nova Scotia.
On January 12, 2008 Jake and I were married in the Idaho Falls Temple. Stephen was so nice to take our wedding pictures as well!
Our first kiss out of the Temple!
Our favorite people!
It was so wonderful having so many friends and family share our special day together, especially in the cold.
Than after only being married for a couple of hours we had a luncheon at a Chinese restaurant. Than we had a second reception in Idaho Falls.
Unfortunately my Mom didn’t have time to make another cake so we bought one.
It wasn’t as good, but we still had fun with it.
After being married for a week or two we had a third reception up in Helena. This is the time where Jacob would go off and start telling about our “not” honeymoon went in Butte.











No comments:
Post a Comment